Dynamic plate bearing test system for measuring the bearing capacity of a substrate layer. Weighing approximately 20 kg/44lbs it is highly portable and easily carried around a construction site.
The LWD requires no reference measurements and provides a simple, cost effective alternative to time-consuming and expensive static plate bearing testing.
The LWD is ideal for Quality Assurance / Quality Control on subgrade, sub-base and flexible constructions, on newly built or existing constructions. It can be used to identify the need for further investigation using an FWD and other materials analysis techniques.
- Compaction Quality Control and Statistics module providing different compaction criteria to determine percentage compaction according to MNDOT, INDOT, TPF 5-285, Italian ANAS and UK specifications.
- Immediate visual summary of information through GIS integration
- Improved battery life (up to 50 hours idle time per charge).
- Micro-USB charging port.
- Ability to perform tests while charging.
- Enhanced Bluetooth module with higher stability and extended range.
- Data Collection with your phone using the cross-platform LWD Mobile app on:
- iOS (Apple).
- Windows 10.
- Enhanced Data Collection Mobile App in Lite and Pro mode.
- Enhanced Data Analysis App in Lite and Pro mode.
Key Operational Features
- The LWD electronics is interfaced to an iPhone/Android Smart phone & Windows 10 via a wireless Bluetooth connection.
- The LWD electronics is dust and splash proof (IP56) for safe outdoor use.
- The drop height is easily and quickly adjusted by a movable release handle.
- A precision load cell measures the peak value of the impact force of a 10 kg/22lbs, 15 kg/33lbs or 20 kg/44lbs drop weight.
- The loading plate diameter can quickly and easily be switched between 300 mm/11.8inch and 150mm/5.9inch. The measured data can be used to back-calculate layer moduli and confirm layer thickness.
- The peak value of the impact force is based on actual measurements from the load cell.
- The centre deflection is measured through a hole in the loading plate by a highly accurate, seismic transducer (geophone).
- Optionally, two more deflection transducers can be added.
Key Lite Software Features
- The data collection software residing in the Smart Phone displays the E-modulus of the surface and the time history graph from both the deflection sensor and the load sensor on the Smart Phone screen, in real time.
- Relevant information such as name, place and comments can be added to the data file for each measuring point.
- The E-modulus is calculated and displayed in real time.
- Both Poisson’s ratio and stress distribution factor parameters may be entered in the user setup.
- The measurement data can be printed as a report or can be transferred for further processing in spreadsheet or text form.
- An unregistered version of LWDmod shall be included as part of the LWD, this will allow data to be edited and exported to both MS Word and MS Excel.
- The software package LWDmod Unlicensed version offers:
- Imports data into a project database,
- Editing features.
- Selected output to EXCEL or Word to a Dynatest standard or UK Interim Advice Note 73.
- Output of Compaction (requires LWD Pro).
- Dual Plate System (150 and 300mm plate)
- 10kg weight (and 10kg weight buffer)
- 100mm plate
- Ribbed rubber mat
- Load plate centre hole plug
- Software Included LWD Lite and LWDMod Lite
Additional accessories & software available - Contact Impact for details & prices
- Transport box
- Transport trolley
- Additional 5kg weight
- 1st layer buffer (for increased load)
- 2nd layer buffer (for increased load)
- LWD Pro APP (allows compaction tests)
- LWDMod Pro License (allows analysis & plots)