The Lightweight Dynamic Cone Penetrometer is used to establish the thickness of different strata, when testing compaction works and to determine the relative density of fills and naturally deposited non-cohesive soils.
If the ground is not too compacted, penetration tests can be carried out up to about 8 to 12 metres.
The Lightweight Dynamic Cone Penetrometer consists of:
- 10 Kg drop rammer, 500 mm. fall and anvil
- 11 1 metre x 22mm diameter sounding rods, complete with threaded collar and guiding rod
- Grooved rod to extract samples
- 2 drive points 90°, with 5 cm2 and 10 cm2 surface
- Lifting device for sounding rod, accessories
- Carrying case
Dimensions: 1080mm x 360mm x 220mm
Click to view a PDF file of the User Guide
A user guide is available to download from the Impact web site www.impact-test.co.uk