This is an instrument using the most modern technologies; it has a 7 inch WVGA colour touch screen, 128 MB SD card, USB, running Windows CE.
- Touch screen LCD display 800x480 pixel.
- Windows operating system.
- Flash memory 128Mb, expandable with SD card to unlimited memory.
- Time measuring from 0 to 9999,9 μS resolution.
- Option to combine ultrasonic measurement with rebound index (SonRed method) - requires rebound hammer which is not supplied.
The appliance measures the speed of the ultrasonic impulse inside the material by timing its travel between the 2 probes.
Young’s modulus for soils is measured (by knowing the distance between the probes, the density of the tested material and the shear-speed).
Young's modulus for concrete is measured by knowing the distance between the probes, the density of the tested material and the poisson ratio.
Calibration of a defined time value
The standard appliance includes:
- Instrument in basic configuration (ARM Cortex-AS 400MHz, 128 MB Flash Memory, 128 MB Ram) in a practical palm case.
- Two 55 kHz probes with connecting cables.
- Calibrating cylinder and contact paste
- Strong anti shock case holding the instrument and the accessories.
- Battery pack Li-Ion 11.1V 3000mA.h
- External 220V/24V and battery charger
Dimensions: 400 x 300 x 180mm
Click to view a PDF file of the User Guide
A user guide is available to download from the Impact web site www.impact-test.co.uk