This unit is used to determine the presence of faults, voids, cracks etc., within in-situ or pre-cast concrete. It can also be utilised for the long term monitoring of structures subject to environmental conditions.
Data concerning the homogeneity of the concrete is obtained by generating pulses of sound into the concrete and measuring the time the sound takes to travel through the material from the transmitter probe to the receiver probe. It is also possible to get indicative data of the modulus of dynamic elasticity, and strength of the concrete.
- Measuring range: 0 - 3000 µs - accuracy +/- 0,1 µs
- Selection of the ultrasonic pulse amplitude adjustable from 250 to 1000V
- Measurement of the required time by the ultrasonic pulse to go through the tested material.
- Single or continuous acquisition mode with automatic or manual saving.
- Zero calibration with depuration of the time for the pulse to go through the probes.
- Calibration of a defined time value.
- Capacity of data acquisition, processing and filing of the test data up to 30.000 samples.
- Interface mini USB for PC connection.
- Two outlets for connection to the oscilloscope.
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian.
- The use of the instrument is made easy because it is based on the user-friendly system.
The standard appliance includes:
The hand-held basic instrument.
Two 55kHz probes with connection cables.
Calibrating cylinder and contact paste.
Rechargeable battery pack NiMh 4,8V > 2000m/A with low battery condition alarm.
Anti shock case holding the unit and the accessories.
External power lead 230V and battery charger 12V 500m/A.
Case dimensions: 400mm x 340mm x 110mm
Weight: 2 kg approx.
Click to view a PDF file of the User Guide
A user guide is available to download from the Impact web site www.impact-test.co.uk