This reliable moisture meter has two modes of operation, search and measure. These functions can help the user to distinguish sub-surface from surface moisture, essential information when trying to establish the extent and cause of a dampness problem.
It is a versatile pin and non-invasive meter, ergonomically designed for easy, one-handed operation to measure moisture in buildings and other related structures both on and below the surface. This allows you to assess moisture levels for new or refurbishing activities and diagnose moisture-related problems in existing buildings.
MT219 Surveymaster Instrument supplied complete with;
- Soft Pouch
- HD MC Probe
- Deep Wall Probes 5" (127mm)
- Pin Calibration Check
- Wood Calibration Chart
- Rugged construction
- Large backlit display
- Pin moisture measurement
- Non-invasive measurement up to ¾” (20mm) below the surface
- Wide range of accessory plugins
- Industry leading 2-year warranty
User adjustable features
- Auto shut off 1-6 mins.
- Hold feature
- Backlight on/off.
- Audible on/off.
- Dry, At Risk and Wet Indicator on/off.
- Allows rapid assessment of building moisture
- Instant readings in a wide range of building materials
- Non-invasive measurement not adversely affected by surface moisture
- Two meters in one
Search Mode: Non-Invasive
The search mode is used to assess the moisture level beneath the surface of solid walls and floors independently of surface conditions. The nominal depth of the measurement is 3/4 inch (19 mm); this depends on the density and other characteristics of the material being measured. When held against the surface, as shown below, the instrument transmits a signal into the material. The relative moisture level is shown on the digital display and its moisture condition is shown on the accompanying scale of colour-coded lights. This measurement presentation helps the user to:
- Look for moisture behind wall and floor coverings, such as tile and vinyl.
- Assess, in relative terms, if the material is in a dry, borderline or damp condition.
- Map the extent of the problem numerically.
- Non-invasive pinless radio frequency finds moisture at depth where moisture is not always directly visible—up to 3/4 in (25.4 mm) below the surface.
- This mode of measurement is not adversely affected by the presence of surface moisture.
Note: Metal additives in concrete can create false positive readings.
Measure Mode: Pin-Type
This mode is used to measure the moisture level at the surface and at incremental depth, when used with the auxiliary probes. Measure mode readings are precise and specific to the immediate area of contact of the electrodes. The actual moisture content of wood is shown on the digital display with the corresponding moisture condition shown on the accompanying scale of colour-coded lights. Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) values are shown for other non-conductive, porous building materials.
- Pin-type probes measure moisture in wood and other building materials (use provided wood species calibration chart for more precise readings)
- Deep wall probes establish the presence of moisture in wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
Reference mode (Patent Pending)
In both Pin and Search mode, the Reference Mode can be used. Reference mode can be useful when trying to establish what materials are above or below a point of reference or dry standard.
Measure the dry standard or baseline material until the meter’s reading is stable then press for seconds. This will store the reading until the mode changes of the meter turns off. Now all readings taken after will be displayed as normal, but below you will see a second reading that shows you if the material is measured above or below the original reading.
||Meter with battery 8oz (225gms)
||7.5 in x 2.75 in x 1.9 in (190 mm x 70 mm x 49 mm)
|Maximum Needle Depth
||0.4 in (10 mm)
||24 months on mechanical or manufacturing defects. Does not include wearing part or accessories.
|Pin Moisture Measurement Range
||Pin (% WME) 8% to 99, readings over 30% are relative
|Pinless Measurement Range
||Non-invasive (RF) up to 3/4 in (19 mm) deep 60 to 1000 (relative)